As we continue to move more positively through the current situation and are hopeful of things getting back to normal, sometime soon for everyone, there have been various guidelines given via both HSE & Resuscitation Council UK regarding Safety in First Aid Training setting
As per stated in both of the attached statements, we will follow all guidance given for the safety of both Trainers & delegates.
As HSE have given another update on certificate expiration giving leniency up until end of September 2020, this too takes some pressure off anyone due to or already expired on or after 16th March 2020, however we do still urge you to assess your situation very carefully and ensure there is ample First Aid cover for your business.
Whilst we understand there is & will be a degree of fear for some time to come in Training situations, we hope the below will ease your mind
- We take the safety of delegates/employees/employers seriously
- Although all delegates will still have to show competency in assessment of CPR compressions, they will not be required to perform mouth to mouth. This part of the CPR training will be demonstrated in depth by our Trainer
- 2m distancing will be adhered to at all times
- Stringent hand sanitising & sanitising of manikins will be in place
- Delegates will be required to wear gloves, aprons, face masks where necessary
- We can supply PPE packs for delegates at a small cost
Critical Personal Protection Kit – Designed to protect healthcare workers who are within 1 metre of a patient with Coronavirus.
Worker/Employee Personal Protection Kit – Designed to protect employees who are in an environment where Coronavirus may be present.
Standard Personal Protection Kit – Designed to help prevent the spread of infection
- We will ourselves mirror guidance and statements from HSE & Resus Council UK
Although at this point we ourselves cannot put ourselves or others at risk of cross contamination in the usual 12 to a classroom situation, we can offer smaller groups of essential worker onsite Training, to those who can provide suitably sized premises to adhere with 2m Guidance, with prior assessment information given.
We will also be offering a Training Course totally focused at COVID-19 & a deeper knowledge of the way forward, to help both Businesses & Employees Safeguard themselves
- What is a virus and how are they spread?
- Preparations for return to work
- Deep cleaning
- Distance marking
- Procurement of appropriate PPE
- Ongoing cleaning
- Hard surfaces, door handles, toilets and washrooms
- Correct application and removal of PPE
- Hand washing and use of alcohol sanitisers
- Additional PPE for workplace first aiders
- HSE protocols for first aid in the workplace
- RIDDOR requirements
Should there be any questions unanswered in this statement, please don’t hesitate to contact the Wallace Cameron Training Team
Take Care everyone