Junior First Aiders (Students)
This practical, interactive and fun course is designed for pupils aged 11+, covering first aid training in emergency situations.
Our Junior First Aiders Training for Schools is a three-hour lesson, designed to equip students with the knowledge and confidence to give basic first aid including CPR and lifesaving actions to take in emergency situations.
All our qualified trainers have extensive first aid knowledge, are experienced in working with young people and have a valid DBS check.
£475 (ex. VAT) per class
Duration: 3 hours
Group Size: Up to 30 students*
*The trainer can teach up to 30 students on the condition of a member of staff supporting the session.
Alternatively, the trainer can teach up to 15 students with no member of staff assisting
Who is the course for?
- Teachers looking to organise first aid training for children within your school
- This course has been tailored to meet National Curriculum requirements for PSHE/Citizenship, Science and Physical education starting in 2020
What are the learning outcomes?
The content of this course has been designed to help equip students with the essential first aid life skills. They will gain first aid knowledge and be able to recognise and treat various illnesses and incidents correctly and efficiently.
Using a combination of theory, practical teaching and interactive tasks, school pupils will develop the necessary skills for basic first aid. This includes what to do in an emergency, giving first aid to an unconscious casualty, how to administer CPR and first aid for choking and bleeding.
The course covers the following topics:
- Actions to take in an emergency situation
- Causes of an unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Recovery position
- Non-breathing casualty CPR
- Recognise and treat a choking casualty
- Dressing wounds and managing bleeding
Children will be asked to demonstrate knowledge to a qualifying standard based on:
- Practical performance within a group lead demonstration
- Answering questions to confirm understanding
All pupils who have successfully completed the course will be awarded a certificate of attendance.