Mini First Aiders (Students)
This practical, interactive and fun course is designed for pupils aged 7+, covering basic first aid training in emergency situations.
Our Mini First Aiders Course is a three-hour lesson in a fun learning environment. The mini first aiders will learn what is first aid, basic first aid including how and why you would dial 999, recovery position and more.
All our qualified trainers have extensive first aid knowledge, are experienced in working with young children and have a valid DBS check.
£495 (ex. VAT) per class
Duration: 3 hours
Group Size: Up to 30 students*
*The trainer can teach up to 30 students on the condition of a member of staff supporting the session.
Alternatively, the trainer can teach up to 15 students with no member of staff assisting
Interested? Request your free quote
Who is the course for?
- Teacher looking to organise first aid training for children within your school
- This course has been tailored be an introduction to first aid to be followed on by the Junior Course to meet National Curriculum requirements for PSHE/Citizenship, Science and Physical education starting in 2020
What are the learning outcomes?
This course has been designed to equip the students with the basics of first aid life skills. They will gain first aid knowledge and be able to recognise incidents correctly and efficiently.
Using a combination of practical teaching and fun interactive tasks, school pupils obtain the skills needed for basic first aid. This includes what to do in an emergency, the recovery position, how to administer CPR and first aid for choking and bleeding.
The course covers the following topics:
- Actions to take in an emergency situation
- Assessment and treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Recovery position
- Non-breathing casualty CPR
- Recognise and treat a choking casualty
- Dressing wounds and managing bleeding
Children will be asked to demonstrate knowledge to a qualifying standard based on:
- Practical performance within a group lead demonstration
- Answering questions to confirm understanding
All pupils who have successfully completed the course will be awarded a certificate of attendance.